If you know especially critical points, and if you use these points in your job application letter, you will have a much advantaged situation. If you look for a job and you don’t have a job application letter, you should immediately prepare your job application letter.
Tips for Writing a Job Application Letter
The first and most important point for a job application letter is to express so many things with little words. This situation increases your letter’s clear and understandable. Also your words should be easy and basic words. After you prepare your letter, you should certainly read it again. You may forget some points.
How to Get Started
Firstly you should have a format for your job application letter in your mind. What will you write? Where will you write? How many paragraphs will you have? You should write about your experiences with examples, you can write about your educational successes.
Writing Guidelines for Job Application Letter
To write a job application letter isn’t similar to write letter to your friend or your parents. There are some expectations from the job application letter. You should be careful to length, font, format and page margins.
Length: It should be just for one page.
Font: You should use a traditional font like Times New Roman, Calibri, etc… And also you should use font between 10-12 sizes.
Format and Page Margin: A letter of application should be single-spaced with a space between each paragraph. You have to use about 1″ margins and align your text to the left, which is the standard alignment for most documents.
What to Include in Each Section of the Letter
There should be some important points to be in each section of the job application letter.
Heading: The letter should start with your and your employer’s contact information (name, address, phone number, email) followed by the date.
Salutation: Salutation means addressing form. It can be “Dear Mr. /Mrs.” ıf you don’t know the person’s name, you can benefit from salutations by clicking on them.
Body of the Letter: You can separate this part to three sections. In the first paragraph, you can mention about the job and where you see this job application. In the next paragraph, you should mention about how you could meet their needs. Also you can express what expectations you have. In the third and last body paragraph of your letter, you should offer your thank to the employer. You should put a letter closing in your job application letter. It can be “Best”, “Sincerely”, etc… In the end of your letter, you have to end with signature, handwritten, followed by your typed name.
Tips for Writing an Effective Letter
- Always write one: Even if the company doesn’t demand, you should send just one. They have to know that you are always ready for work.
- Use business letter format: You can use our website business letter formats. You can benefit from them or you can find on web.
- Sell yourself: Throughout the letter, you should focus on how you would benefit the company. And you should provide specific examples of times when you demonstrated skills or abilities that would be useful for the job, especially those listed in the job posting or description.
- Use keywords: There are some keywords that will take attention of the employer or Human Resources Specialist. You should use them. You have to use some important words about the job application.
- Keep it brief: Your letter should be just for four paragraphs. And it shouldn’t more than one page.
- Edit!!! : Certainly, you should edit your job application letter after you write. You have to check it so many times because employer or Human Resources Specialist can easily find your mistake.
Job Application Letter Example
It is a job application letter and it was written so short and clear. You can understand the meaning of the letter easily. It was just for three paragraphs. It was ended with sincerely.
Sending an Email Application
If you make an email application, you should certainly write your email subject. Later you write your message content and you finish with your signature and contact information.