You have been working in a company for long years, but you have to resign with personal reasons anymore. To resign is quietly hard duration. Because it is not a good thing. You feel upset while you are giving your resignation letter to your boss or authority.
You think that your time is full to leave from your work. And you decide to resign. The most important step of a professional resignation is a resignation letter. You should specify your reason. It shows that you give value to that company and your job but you have to leave.
How to Write a Resignation Letter?
A resignation letter should be short and basic. It is necessary to specify starting date of employment, your position, the date that you informed your resignation in your resignation letter. You should express clearly that you will resign in this document. Starting date of employment, your last day when you will come to work, a little expression about why you leave your job and a kindly short thank note in the end of the letter.
You can write your resignation letter addressing to Human Resources Department or General Directorate or an authority department. Language and act which is used in resignation letter or oral meeting, are quietly important. Whatever you live in the workplace, to leave well is important and necessary.
You have to give your resignation letter to your authority at least fifteen days ago. You should thank your managers for their contribution to you. And you should also thank your colleagues. If you have some people who you can demand a reference letter, it would be better for your future.
Tips for Writing a Resignation Letter Because of Personal Reasons
While you are resigning, you should take into consideration these points:
- Speak to your boss first. Your boss shouldn’t learn your resignation from others. You have to say it to him or her. Before submitting the letter, you should express this situation.
- Offer your help. After you talk about your resignation, you should offer your help. How can you help? For example; you can teach your job to the new worker that they will take instead of you. Or you can complete the works which are rest. Or you can stay longer.
- Include the date of your last day. You should specify working date of your last day in your resignation letter. They should find someone instead of you. You have to practice two weeks’ notice rule.
- Stay positive. Even if to resign is a bad situation and you are feeling upset, you should be positive and you reflect it. You don’t need to be sad because you have a personal reason to leave your job. And your boss knows it.
- Ask questions. To feel better, you can ask some questions about vacation time and benefits payouts, etc.
- Follow business letter format. You should use business letter format. If you need it, you can click on our writing. You should use a serious but also sincere language and you should be formal.
- Edit, edit, edit. You wrote your resignation letter. But you may have some mistakes of grammatical, spelling or punctuation marks. After you write your resignation letter, you have to edit it and proofread. You should be sure that it is okay. You write without mistakes.
- Sending an e-mail. If you want, you can send your resignation letter as an e-mail to your boss or authority.