On the job training (OJT) is an education which is based on learning a work by making in trust of a specialist and assuming a duty. Workers are attendants and they take training in their workplaces within their working hours. They don’t need to spend more time and they learn more about their job in their workplace so it is comfortable training form. Generally it is preferred by banks, big companies like Coca Cola. With this type of training, workers don’t need to go to another place to take training.
What to Include On the Job Training?
- Advantage of Cost
- Schedule Flexibility
- Job Oriented
- Permanent Learning
- Private Content
- Integrated Approach
Process of On the Job Training
- Analysis of Training Needs
- Determining Scope and Road Map
- Determining Education Schedule
- On the Job Training
- Preparation for Education
- Making Homework and Studies
- On the Job Training
- Completing Training
How On the Job Training Be Realized?
Firstly, needs of attendant are specified. Then, scope of training is specified and a road map is drawn. This type of training is made in the workplace where the attendant works. Generally it includes practice. But it also includes theoretical description. In the end of a day, homework and studies are given to attendants and assignments are made.
What are Advantages of on the Job Training?
- Training is made in workplace so attendants can understand easily.
- Its cost is quietly low because training is in workplace so there is no cost.
- Attendants take the course in their place so they don’t forget training. It becomes more effectively.
- Attendant gets fast by turning the theoretical into production in his or her workplace.
- Attendant can use information and skill together.
- Training needs are determined on the job.
- Scope of on the job training is not limited according to classical training scope. It includes more subjects in the workplace.
- On the job training is made as periodical so attendants don’t neglect their job.
- Subjects are not alone because they are transferred as a whole information and experience.
When Should You Prefer On the Job Training?
In these situations, on the job training will provide benefit to you:
- Workers are so much intensive.
- Just necessary subjects should be learned.
- The training which is taken, should be reflected to the job quickly.
- If you need a specific training, not general training, you should certainly prefer on the job training.
Preparation of Training Materials for On the Job Training
The specialist cannot give an answer to all of questions suddenly. It is impossible. So, the specialist should prepare written materials that is suitable for questions that attendants can ask to him or her. These materials which are prepared specially are called as “Training Materials”. They help the specialist and also attendants. It helps attendants because it provides attendants understand subjects easily, it helps specialist because it offers a written document to attendants. If they are prepared well, they supports training and gets rich the training.