In our article, you can reach information about nursing, what a nurse does, how a nurse works, which department a nurse should study to be a nurse, interview steps and interview questions. By taking a glance to these information, you can have detailed information about this subject.
What Does a Nurse Do?
Nurses work at government or private hospitals, factories and factory’ hospitals. By making patient acceptance, they provide a patient to be ready for medical examination. They makes works to disburden doctors’ works. Nurses makes entry of necessary information about patients to system. Besides that; nurses undertake those services for care of patients; respiration, alimentation, urogenital, optimal position, taking a rest, clothing control, cleaning and nurses make controls to satisfy other basic needs.
While practicing treatment form which is foreseen by doctor, to patient, a nurse plays an effective role on treatment process by making control of medicines’ times, and by supplying necessary fortification. Their working hours are generally uncertain. Generally they work by keeping watch. They work by making help operation teams, keeping daily reports about patients.
Which Department Should You Study to Be a Nurse?
To study a medical vocational high school will be enough to be a nurse. If you want to improve yourself in this department, you can study a university.
Nursing Interview Questions
Congratulations! You applied for a nursing position and you were called for a nursing interview. To look at questions about the position which is related you applied, is a good idea.
- Is to be a nurse hard? Why?
- Why did you study this department?
- Do you prefer to work as a team or alone?
- How can you make relax a patient who is suffering constantly?
- How can you make contribution to the hospital that you work?
- Why should we hire you?
- How did your education make you prepare for nursing?
- How can you undertake stress in a hospital?
- If you had had an opportunity, would you have been a doctor?
- Why do you work in this hospital?
- Can you introduce yourself?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- How long do you plan to work here?
- Why did you leave from your last work?
- Do you have any reference?
- If you have a bad situation, what do you do?
Before Nursing Interview:
- Before going to the hospital, you should pick up information about it and its services, etc. However you have information about the hospital and the position that you applied, you can be one step ahead from other applicants. You should show your information.
- You should search salary of nursing, also you should have an idea about your salary.
- Take your ID cart, application form and your CV or resume and other necessary documents with you while you are going to the nursing interview.
- You should give a decision what you will wear while you are going to the nursing interview. Choose clean, comfortable and well clothes.
- Be punctual. You shouldn’t be late for the interview. It is an important detail.
When You Go to The Interview:
- While you are introducing yourself to the authority, be polite and speak relax. Listen carefully and reply answers well, be honest but don’t try to direct the interview.
During The Interview:
- During the interview, try to understand questions completely, give short and correct answers.
After The Interview:
- Don’t forget to send a thank you letter to the authority after nursing interview. It affects the authority’s decision. Also, you can use this letter as an opportunity to sell yourself. You can emphasize your interest to work, you can add new information the the points that you talk about in the nursing interview.
- If they don’t return you for 2-3 weeks, make a contact with them.