Nowadays, there are so many ways to apply for a job. You can contact with them by phone, by e-mail, by internet, etc. You can find their e-mail addresses on web and so you can send an e-mail to the companies you want to apply. How can you send? What will you write in your e-mail letter? Today’s to send job application letters by an e-mail is a commonly used way to apply for job applications.
What Should You Write in Your Job Application E-mail?
Firstly, you should introduce yourself in your job application e-mail. Then you have to specify the position that you applied, your skills, why you apply for that job, your experiences. You should mention about yourself shortly. It should be so short but you should be careful not to be a summary of your CV. Finally, you thank the authority’s interest and you can mention that you wait for job interview impatiently.
Important Points to Consider While Writing a Job Application E-mail
- Subject Line: As you know, authorities or Human Resources Specialists take lots of e-mails while they are working. And they cannot look at all of them. So, you have to take their attention. How can you make it? Of course, by writing you name and the title of position that you apply for! If you write your name and the title of position that you apply for, you can take their attention.
- Salutation: You are applying for a new job. You are sending a job application e-mail so you have to be formal. If you don’t know the person who you send your e-mail, you should use “To Whom It May Concern” as your addressing, or if you know the person’s name, you can use “Dr, Mr. or Mrs.” as your addressing. Salutation is important and it shows that you give importance that company.
- First Paragraph: In the first paragraph of your job application e-mail, you should mention about who you are, why you are writing, where you saw that job advertisement.
- Middle Paragraphs: In these paragraphs, you should mention about your qualifications. You should express why you are suitable for that job’s position, your experiences, academical background and your other qualifications. You can give some references, you can write your characteristics.
- Final Paragraph: In this final paragraph, you have to thank the authority to take time to read this letter. Also, you should write how you will follow up.
- Letter Closing: You should use a polite close like “Bestly or Sincerely”.
- E-mail Signature: You should add your e-mail signature to your job application e-mail. But firstly, you should write your contact information. So, they can make a communication with you if they think that you are suitable for that position. You can write your phone number, e-mail address, address. After you write your contact information, you should add your e-mail signature to your job application e-mail.
- Attaching your resume: After you prepare your job application e-mail, you should attach your resume. If the employer doesn’t request a specific format, you can use PDF or Word format to write your resume.